DK Security Security Officer @ Consumer's Energy Plant in West Olive, Michigan
DK Security is recruiting for the position of *Uniform Security Officers for our contract with Consumers Energy at the JH Campbell Plant. *You will find the job description listed below.
Uniform Security Officer - 2nd Shift (1600-0000)
Hour will vary based on contract location
16-32 hrs weekly
SCOPE: Uniform Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include building lobbies or reception areas.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- May operate x-ray and/or metal detection equipment where the equipment is deployed.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Will report potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair including lighting, plumbing, wet floors, etc.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Officers will NOT smoke while in DK Uniform, on or off duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
- Must have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must be willing to become CPR/1st Aide/AED Certified (prior certification is preferred).
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; walk long distances, including up and down stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and be able to speak and hear. Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects. Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time (8-12 hour shifts), navigate stairs, and work in or outdoors for the duration of the shift time.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
*Physical Demands: *The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
Work Environment: _The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and high noise levels. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee must work independently and with other staff to meet demands from several persons at the same time. _
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
M/F EEO/AA Employer
*REPORTS TO: *Site Supervisor or Operations Manager
- Rate of Pay: $10.00-$12.00/hr (based on experience)
- For part-time employees, DK Security offers the following voluntary benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, critical illness, and short term disability.
- For full-time employees, DK Security offers the following medical, voluntary benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, critical illness, short term disability, paid time off, and 401K (supervisors and above).
Once your application is reviewed, a response will be issued via a telephone call or email.