RELX Group Account Manager - ICIS Energy - Singapore in Singapore
Account Manager - ICIS Energy - Singapore
ICIS is seeking an Account Manager to join itsexperienced sales team in Singapore; primarily focused on generating businessfrom new and existing customers. You will be responsible for contacting and qualifyingprospects, explaining our products and services, proposing solutions that meetcustomer needs, and closing new business. An effective Account Managermust be an excellent communicator, have superior people skills and possess astrong work ethic. They must be comfortable presenting products orservices over the phone and face to face as well as dealing with salesobjections.
Working at ICIS is dynamic, exciting and notwithout its share of challenges. We have a can-do culture and have been expandingrapidly over the past few years. It is a fast moving business with bigambitions. You need to be solutions orientated with a positive approach to lifeand work.
- Effectively build, manage, and close a salespipeline of qualified prospective customers for ICIS products and services
- Demonstrate our products to prospectivecustomers in a way that is focused on their stated business objectives
- Go the extra mile to hit Sales targets andfacilitate future sales
- Efficiently manage a portfolio of customers tooptimize client satisfaction, engagement, and retention
- Ask questions to understand prospectrequirements, purchasing dynamics, and contracting processes
- Answer detailed questions about a product, ourcontent, or the company
- Schedule and attend sales appointments withprospective customers
- Enter and upload customer information intoSalesforce.com and relevant CRM databases
- Keep records of sales and note usefulinformation
Skills and Behaviors:
- A natural on the phone and comfortable, to havehigh in-depth business discussions with senior decision makers
- Highly self-motivated, energetic individual whobuilds strong relationships quickly
- Strong focus on solution sales and selling onvalue
- Commercially minded with a strong motivation tosucceed in a high performing sales team
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of thechanging market, our customers and the business
- Great negotiation and communication skills
- Prior sales experience is not essential
- Be prepared for occasional foreign travel
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market informationprovider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is togive companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage bydelivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independentconsulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planningdecisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricinginformation, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employeesbased in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf,Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai,Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reportingmarket prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highestjournalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELXGroup, the world's leading publisher and information provider.