General Electric Construction Site Manager, GE Renewable Energy in Various, Australia
GE Renewable Energy
Amid growing electricity demand, rising fuel costs, and climate change concerns, GE Renewable Energy is focused on providing wind, hydro and innovative power solutions for customers around the globe. With over 125 years of experience powering the world, GE has now become the largest renewable energy producer in the world, providing a wide range of offerings to meet customer needs. www.gerenewableenergy.com
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE delivers wind farm projects in conjunction with a civil construction company who control site activities for civil works, substation construction and wind turbine installation. The GE team on site are responsible for supervision of wind turbine component handling, quality control of installation works including document quality control and works to commission wind turbines. This is a 12 month fixed term contract
The position is a primary contributor to two GE Beliefs:
• Customers determine our success
• Deliver results in an uncertain world
The primary function of this role is to provide leadership for the site team during the installation and commissioning of wind turbines.
The Construction Site Manager reports to the Senior Construction Manager and also the relevant Project Manager. The Construction Site Manager is the senior GE manager on site and is responsible for providing overall leadership to drive safe and efficient execution of all GE site scope activities.
The Construction Site Manager is to represent GE in a responsible manner with integrity and by exercising good judgment, both during work hours and off work hours.
• First line of communication between Customer, civil construction company and GE at site
• Ensure EHS and Quality processes are implemented and strictly enforced
• Responsible for implementation of the GPS – Wind Site Administrative Guidelines per the Site Manager handbook
• Conduct work review meetings be conducted prior to phase (receiving, installation, commissioning) starting through the workflow system.
• Verify Site Construction and Commissioning personnel have the appropriate training documentation
• Verify and ensure personnel have the necessary tools/ procedures and other resources for work during Installation and Commissioning
• Manage GE subcontractors and partners where required by Contract
• Report site performance and productivity per the Site Manager handbook
• Support project closeout and turnover to O&M/Warranty
• Manage time and assigned resources responsibly to ensure successful completion of the site goals and objectives.
To be successful for this role, you would demonstrate and/or possess the following
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Construction experience within Australia EPC environments in a Superintendent role ideally in heavy civils, structural or mining industries for Tier 1 or 2 companies
• Certificate in Civil Construction
• Certificate in OHS
• Demonstrated experience in incident investigation, auditing and quality systems
• Wind Turbine construction and crane work experience is essential
• Project Management experience
• Significant experience in project scheduling, controls and implementation
• Experience in report writing and familiarity with office systems
• A passion for Health, Safety and Environment
• Ability to work based at sites within ANZ. Potential to work within the wider Asia Pacific region will be considered.
• Strong Technical, Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
• Hold the appropriate entitlement to work in Australia & New Zealand at date of application (Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen or New Zealand
Prior experience of working on Windfarms is essential.
Please note AU work sponsorship is not on offer for this role, applicants must alreday have legal working rights for Australia.
The ideal candidate will be flexible with a can-do attitude and willing and able to work with several high paced individuals. Attention to detail and to comply with corporate compliance requirements is a must.
Other Important Information:
Due to international business contacts, attendance at out of hours teleconferences may be required. Infrequent travel within Australia may be required for short periods of time.
Locations: Australia; Crookwell, NSW & Coopers Gap, QLD