Scotiabank Associate Director, Energy Speciality Sales - Toronto, ON in Toronto, Ontario
Associate Director, Energy Speciality Sales - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 22590
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The incumbent will work within the existing equity sales team, interfacing with the energy research team, as well as Scotiabank’s equity sales desks in Toronto, Montreal, London, New York, Boston and Singapore. The individual will be responsible for communicating and, at times, generating the firm’s best energy investment ideas to deliver to global institutional investor clients. The individual will also represent Scotiabank with corporations in the industry in a variety of capacities, including the execution of institutional road show marketing, investor meetings and industry conferences
• Deliver the firm’s energy research to institutional clients, recommending specific investments that correlate with the client’s investment style.
• Develop knowledge of clients’ needs and requirements and coordinate firm's efforts to serve client organizations.
• Help maintain and increase the agency and new issue commissions derived from energy trading.
• Facilitate the broadening and deepening of the overall Scotia relationship with the assigned client organizations on all equity related products and executions services.
• Create insightful detailed commentary on the energy sector.
• Work closely with research, sales and trading colleagues to deliver coordinated service to clients.
• Respond to specific client requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Recommend investment ideas, in conjunction with research, that engage institutional investors and help in the process of realizing attractive investment returns.
• Assess investment risk of different investment opportunities and assist clients in determining downside risk as well as upside potential.
• Keep track of ongoing irregularities and fluctuations happening in the capital markets.
• Identify scenarios and market trends that result in trading opportunities.
• Position Scotiabank’s energy analysts to be successful in presenting their ideas to institutional investor clients.
• Distribute new issue products to the clients.
• Maintain ethical behavior at all time, and comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
Strong knowledge of the energy sector and the overall equity market and products.
Demonstrated sales experience in Equity Sales and Trading.
Strong modeling capabilities a definite asset
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work.
Well-developed organizational skills in order to respond to shifting priorities on multiple projects.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong analytical skills to take advantage of numerous databases.
Education / Experience
Ideal candidate will possess a relevant bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualification and have an excellent academic and professional record.
Considered an asset to have completed Masters-level/MBA education.
5-7 years of related experience.
CFA or equivalent designation is an asset.
The successful candidate can be based out of Calgary or Toronto.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.