Johnson Controls Inc. Energy Solutions Performance Engineer II in Syosset, New York
Energy Solutions Performance Engineer II (WD30045960092)What you will do
An Energy Solutions Performance Engineer II performs high-level analysis on complex technical and financial elements. Supports engineering, process or financial tasks during solution design and oversees the work of assigned resources for medium to large projects. Manages aspects of client accounts including budgeting, account growth, risk mitigation, and customer satisfaction for portfolios up to $90M in active guarantees.
How will you do it
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationship during the design phase of the opportunity development. Maintains this positive customer relationship during project build and throughout the duration of the performance guarantee.
- Owns and manages JCI tools & processes that ensure timely collection and accurate data entry of utility bills or other monitored consumption sources for portfolios up to $60M in active guarantees. Initiates actions and develops positive customer relationships to support this activity. Ensures delivered M&V costs are within 3% of estimated amounts.
- As assigned, uses ability to communicate with technical and non-technical buyers, suppliers, and other JCI internal Partners (Systems & Service) to provide technical, process or financial support in the creation and maintenance of Medium sized, complex M&V solutions.
- Ability to successfully work with client on-site staff to ensure operations and maintenance of assets/equipment are within contractual terms. Proactively reviews and/or interprets problems or patterns related to utility bills and energy consumption to limit risk and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. As appropriate, solves issues and keeps performance engineering manager updated and involved when need for corrective action is identified.
- Monitors data gathering systems (remote measurement and verification monitoring/ECM, NISC web base tool, FPI, etc) to track energy consumption during the installation and guarantee/tracking phases. As appropriate, solves issues and keeps performance engineering manager updated and involved when need for corrective action is identified.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and vendors as well as facility mid-level technical & financial managers.
- Develops customer baselines or benchmarks as needed.
- Active in professional organizations. Participates in "added-value" customer and community events in support of their objectives.
- Participates in transition meetings with Operations to ensure project scope, objectives, timeline, and customer requirements have been achieved and the start of the performance period is properly documented.
- Fully Utilizes business toolset as well as other standard JCI development and performance engineering processes and tools in performing tasks.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of high quality / high value performance reports that convey added value and analysis of cost reduction to contract specifications and/or guarantees (Options A, B, C, D and Non-Measured Savings) to the client. Responsibilities include the structure and grammar of the reports.
- Actively participates in internal release or renewal meetings, customer kick-off meetings, and on-going account meetings including customer touch point visits.
- Develops and leads the solution performance presentation to the customer.
- Owns and manages up-to-date archival records associated with Performance Contracting projects.
- Coordinates and audits the Guarantee Risk manager database. Responsible for proactively generating internal risk management reporting as well as assist in monthly backlog reviews with regional management.
- Assists JCI performance engineering consultant in researching problems or opportunities that might cause performance slippage and or additional savings respectively. Monitors energy consumption and non-energy performance items. Gathers further information from on-site service providers and customer's maintenance staff. Initiates immediate corrective actions, which includes notifying the customer of any needed action on their behalf. Keeps Performance Engineering Manager updated and involved when need for corrective action is identified.
- Input's data, coordinate's data and audits the Guarantee Risk manager database. Assists in the generation of internal risk management reporting as requested.
- Promotes and completes EPA Green Light/Energy Star, renewable solutions, LEED and other award programs administrative requirements per contractual requirements.
- Works to secure and maintain relevant professional certifications and licenses (e. g., Professional Engineering license). Responsible for remaining current with relevant engineering or design standards and practices.
- Responsible for the promotion and adherence of JCI safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical field (preferred studies included Thermodynamics, Hydronics, Psychometrics, Environmental or Facility Operating) and
- 5 years in building systems/operations or 10 years proven track record of performance in Mechanical Systems data collection/operation & building systems or operations.
- Possession of Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) certificate is mandatory. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and LEED AP certifications are preferred.
- Strong computer and analytical skills required. Proven skills in communication (both oral and written), customer satisfaction and team building.
- Requires a responsible, self-starter who can handle multiple responsibilities and can work independently.
- Ability to learn and use different types of facility management systems and evolving technologies to better serve customers.
- Able to travel approximately 50%
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 414-524-8999 and press option #0 or email HR_Recruitment@jci.com.