Google Program Manager, Energy Analyst in Sunnyvale, California
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Program Manager, Energy Analyst, you'll combine your deep market knowledge of the energy sector with tech industry savvy to consult on cost-effective solutions to support Google's infrastructure growth. You'll work with specific project teams on analyzing new energy markets, evaluating energy infrastructure and renewable supply agreements and presenting agreement recommendations to our Tech leadership.
You will have a key role in helping to drive location strategy, site selection, and portfolio management for new and existing data centers and related infrastructure. You will support the development of the company’s global energy portfolio strategy, including identifying and helping in the creation of industry leading renewable energy projects.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with internal and external technical teams to identify, define and pursue new site selection projects and initiatives necessary to meet Google's ongoing data center needs, including the procurement of traditional and green energy for existing and new sites.
- Build financial models to evaluate power supply agreements, including Renewable Energy Power Purchase Agreements.
- Conduct New Market Entry Analysis to analyze existing and potential data center energy markets.
- Assist Strategic Negotiators in energy infrastructure and renewable procurement discussions; including identifying innovative energy procurement structures, pinpointing important contract terms, and building internal approval decks.
- Manage contracting process for hiring market consultants to assist in energy analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, science, law, policy or economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years datacenter, networking or operations experience, including experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
- 4 years of experience working with utilities, regulators and energy industry stakeholders, or experience working in energy investment banking/private equity, and/or energy consulting.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience with one or more of the following: large collocation data centers, site selection for high-technology, industrial-scale projects; real estate evaluation, acquisition, development, and construction; utility contracts; energy-related issues and clean energy initiatives.
- Experience with market research, project management and financial modeling.
- Familiarity with power transmission and distribution, telecommunications infrastructure, data center technology, industrial class electrical and cooling technology, and/or other related areas of technical expertise.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.