Penn Medicine Energy Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job ID :71150
Job Category: Management/Leadership
Specialty Area: Management/Leadership
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Day
Penn Medicine Entity: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3400 Spruce St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Develops and coordinates all functions relating to the procurement and consumption of utilities within the UPHS Health System at various Hospital Entities including but not limited to: HUP, PAH, and PPMC.
• In collaboration with the University, develops a forward strategy that places the Health System in the best position to obtain favorable rates, terms and conditions for the procurement of utilities.
• Analyzes building systems to determine extent of conservation opportunities; suggesting changes in system operations, systems configurations, and other changes that will affect economics of operation.
• Responsibility for developing and managing the Utility Budgets and FY Projections.
• Analyzes utility data for accuracy and keeps the various entities informed of any deviations from the budget.
• Timely provides accurate data and assumptions monthly to the various Entities to assist with month end close.
• Provides explanations regarding any variances in cost or usage to Finance as requested.
Minimum Requirements :
BS Degree with extensive energy management experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have an Engineering degree, BSEE or BSME, with extensive HVAC and Electrical experience in an institutional setting.
Additional Information :
Planning, Ingenuity, Integrity, honesty, confidentiality and impartiality required. Must take the initiative to keep up to date in energy practices. Works independently and must use initiative in completing assigned tasks. Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and communication skills. Exhibits ability to achieve project objectives on multiple, complex projects running simultaneously.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.