Macy's Regional Energy Manager in New York, New York
Requires the strong operational and professional technical background along with the experience necessary to support specific facilities initiatives directly related to energy management. This person will provide analytical support in assessing Macy’s global energy markets in depth, as part of a regional and nationally recognized team. The Team’s Primary function is to assist in publishing and delivering weekly & Monthly reports to facilitate weekly conference calls with the regions. This person must have successfully demonstrated sufficient experience in working with teams to develop and steer facilities associates to issues and remedies for best operations. Additionally, this individual may be called on to survey existing facilities and subsequently produce suggested improvement strategies which will reduce energy usage and improve adherence to standards and functionality. This person is recognized as an energy expert by his/her peers and managers. May act as project manager or project sponsor on one or more projects. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide analytical support on energy matters to field staff on a weekly basis
- Create and maintain Excel-based models and data bases used to assess energy use in facilities
- Assist in preparing charts and graphs generated using Excel
- Develop expertise on specific issues affecting regional markets
- Perform cost analysis and feasibility studies on energy projects
- Work with other team members to assess energy supply, demand and prices for natural gas, Electricity & water
- Prepare write ups for specific issues for use on energy calls and reports
- Review facilities energy usage and subsequently produce suggested improvement strategies
- Identify opportunities via objective evaluation (on site and trending) of current operating conditions
- Provide on-going monitoring, and analysis to maintain the integrity of energy savings programs to a facility
- Write technical Summaries to document findings and offer recommendations in a timely manner
- Evaluate, test and makes recommendations on new/upgrades to EMS hardware/software, Sequence of Operation, and applications; evaluate impact of same on EMS configurations and mechanical systems
- Does not direct day to day work of on site personnel but may facilitate/coordinate efforts of MACY’S internal resources as well as Third Parties contracted for EMS/BMS/Retro-Commissioning implementation, repair, and/or support
- Keep management informed on a timely basis of progress, status, and concerns for each assignments
- View and analyze information and SOO in EMS and make improvement recommendations
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical writing skills
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, and consensus building skills
- Presentation, written, and verbal communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced problem solving, multitasking, and time management skills with attention to detail.
- This position requires regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- High level of expertise in Energy markets and usage in commercial facilities familiar with one or more primary EMS/BMS in use at Macy’s; the ability to gain significant expertise in additional primary EMS/BMS in use at Macy’s
- General knowledge of IT, LAN/WAN requirements as related to EMS/BMS components
- Overall understanding of the facilities suite of systems and their interdependence
- Strong leadership, teamwork, organizational, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members
- PC Windows skills (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project).
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job: Facilities and Building Maintenance
Req ID: MAC08678