NYU Hospitals Center Energy Mechanic in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Energy Mechanic.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for performing the duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of H.V.A.C. automation systems
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Equipment utilization and Area Maintenance. Utilizes equipment in a safe and proper manner, in accordance with departmental and NYU Medical Centers procedures. Supervises, repairs when appropriate and notifies the appropriate personnel, including management, when equipment is damaged or in need of repair. Makes rounds of Medical Center to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventive maintenance measures are being taken care of and to continue uninterrupted, efficient service. Institute corrective action when as necessary Maintains clean and safe environment, obtaining the assistance and support of management when necessary.
- Records materials needed for daily operations and planned activities. Understand knowledge of daily tasks and scheduled projects. Recommends ordering necessary parts and supplies for maintenance of equipment Estimates materials needed and record time and materials needed on each work order and PMR. Performs work directed by foreman and/or manager with competency.
- Have a good knowledge of NYUs Medical Centers emergency procedure and coordinates information with other shops, clients, and management during emergencies such as floods, fire alarms. This includes interaction with outside municipal agencies (i.e. Fire Department, etc.) as necessary. Interacts with peers, management, clients and outside personnel is performed in a courteous manner.
- Maintains systems operating at peak efficiency by interacting with management clients, other shops, foremen, contractors and outside vendors. Acquires and maintains overall knowledge of facility operations and reports status to management. Ensures equipment is operating according to given schedule. Operates various operational software associated with existing automation systems. Examines and tests H.V.A.C. systems to locate obvious problems.
- Repairs, tests, replaces and install electrical, electronic, pneumatic equipment using necessary hand tools and testing instruments. Conducts necessary tests of equipment to determine malfunctions or causes of failure; remove and replace faulty part subassemblies and major components and make required adjustment and corrections. Understands mechanical/electrical symbols and must be able to interpret mechanical/electrical drawings. Works with various pneumatic and electrical fittings: plumbing, pneumatic, electrical fittings. Works with various electrical conduits: bends various pipes, electrical metallic tubing, copper piping associated with the building automation system.
To qualify you must have a Minimum of five years experience. Trade or vocational school graduation shall reduce the above requirements to four years
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.