DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability Program Manager Energy Efficiency Programs (Head of Section, Northwest) in Helena, Montana
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
Join the Sustainable Energy Use team that is helping energy utility customers save energy and money. DNV GL - Energy is seeking a Head of Section to be based in Helena, MT. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading program teams directed at providing energy efficiency services for residential, commercial and industrial customers, including management of administrative and engineering personnel. This position requires an experienced professional who can craft and implement comprehensive business growth plans for the territory. The position reports to the Head of Department, Program Development and Implementation, and provides leadership to other staff activities.
Key responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Key account management working closely with utility client personnel to monitor program/project results including energy savings, quality assurance and to develop recommendations to improve the program as needs are identified
* Supervising a staff of approximately 20 people, including administrative, marketing, outreach, and engineering personnel
* Oversight and management of integrated processes that provide millions of dollars in incentives
* Serve as strategic lead for residential program design and field operations
* Providing budget management, forecasting and tracking of performance against multiple goals
* Provide technical leadership for business development strategies and activities
* Developing reports and leading meetings in support of utility oversight of program goals, with a focus on energy savings, quality assurance and to continuous process improvement
* Presentations to a variety of organizations including utility customers, trade allies and utility management on energy efficient technologies and utility incentives for these technologies
* Manage performance of several subcontractors
* Preparing written reports
* 3+ years of program/project management experience required, ideally focused on energy efficiency program management
* 3+ years sales, business development and/or client account management experience
* Previous success and expertise in Residential Program design, implementation, and delivery
* Strong English written and verbal English communication skills as demonstrated by experience with presentations, papers or other public forums
* Budget and data management experience; and computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* An energy industry background, or related field, with a solid knowledge of energy efficient technologies and practices is strongly preferred
* Ability to travel within Montana; must have own vehicle and good driving record
* B.S. or B.A. Degree; business, engineering or technical discipline preferred
This is a US-based position; applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Employer's Job# 2018-10495
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.