Mountain View Co-op Driver - Energy Transport in Great Falls, Montana
This position is responsible to plan, promote and deliver refined fuels (Gasoline/Diesel Fuel) in a manner that will optimize MVC’s market share and net savings, improve efficiency and achieve outstanding customer service. This position is required to follow to all MVC’s “On-Call” policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit written report on the condition of the track at the end of each trip/daily
• Check shipping papers to determine the account/type/reason of the load and certify for accuracy.
• Drive Truck to and from designated destinations within company policies and DOT regulations.
• Report all accidents and incidents including but not limited to those involving driver, equipment, property damage.
• Promptly report any delays or events of irregularities.
• Safely delivering product to destination as needed and/or scheduled
• Avoid damage to customers’ buildings and property, use extreme caution when driving onto a customer’s property
• Must maintain established methods of communications with MVC management as prescribed by MVC management
• Provide daily feedback to supervisor
• Continue Sales and Delivery protocol
• Reporting - Driver logs, trip reports, Invoices, and any other necessary paperwork as determined by regulatory agencies and MVC.
• Maintain established delivery routes and make recommendations for efficiency
Other Areas of Responsibility
• Assist in any other duties that may be assigned to meet business needs
• Use of company owned cell phone per company policy and procedures
• Uphold facility and equipment maintenance within MVC standards
• Comply with Safety and Regulatory Rules
• Cross train with Refined Fuels Department for RF (Bulk) Delivery
• Maintain CDL/Hazmat/Tanker/Air Brakes/Combination Vehicle
• Will follow MVC’s “On-call” policies and procedures.
• Flexibility—may be required to work in other MVC divisions: i.e. Agronomy, Grain, Feed
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Maintain a valid CDL/Hazmat/Tanker/Air Brakes/Combination Vehicle Endorsement at all times.
Minimum Experience: 2-5 years as a Fuel Transport driver or Equivalent
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent Customer Service skills
Excellent Driving Record
Organizational skills - Attention to detail
Interpersonal / communication skills
Business Math helpful
CDL/Hazmat/Tanker/Air Brakes/Combination vehicle--Training Available
Bulk Fuel Truck operation
Knowledge of DOT Regulations
Other qualifications: Cenex Premium Diesel Training - RF
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Sitting 10% Reaching Frequent
Standing 20% Manual Dexterity Frequent
Driving 50% Manual Labor Frequent
Walking 10% Telephone Some
Kneeling Some Computer Screen Frequent
Bending Some Lifting 50 lbs
Some standing and walking dragging hose. Driving for extended periods of time and sitting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.