TRC Companies Business Analyst - Energy Efficiency in Clifton Park, New York
TRC Energy Services (TRC) is a nationally known energy efficiency consultancy. TRC collaborates with clients to develop and implement market transforming programs and initiatives that promote energy efficiency, renewable energy, and green building in multiple market sectors across the US. These initiatives reduce energy costs, improve the health and safety conditions of buildings, while also helping the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. TRC acts nationally to address some of our country's most challenging problems: global climate change and energy independence.
- Work with functional business leads to develop and transform requirements into systems design and implementation.
- Collect, document, map, and analyze business process and system dependencies.
- Gather, synthesize, and document business requirements.
- Effectively communicate status, collaborate, and problem-solve with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify recommendations for process improvements, overcoming constraints, and resolve difficult operational and technological issues.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage risk.
- Document changes to the design and implementation of various systems which includes but not limited to: Salesforce, SharePoint O365, and PeopleSoft.
- Manage ongoing support requests and research / document the needs behind those requests.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategies and risks.
- Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new functionality.
- Assist in the improvement and integration of automation and tools designed to support work and decision making.
Recommend leveraging existing functionality that might be available rather than building new.
- 3 years of experience in a Business Analysis role
- Skill in documenting requirements and specifications, and creating visual aids representing business processes using standard methods.
- Experience with project management methods processes, standards, and tools.
- Experience and skill in discerning true requirements stemming from needs as opposed to business units' less critical wants and wishes.
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgement.
- Ability to quickly identify and drive the best possible solution when presented with a series of opportunities and constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- A strong customer orientation, with active listening skills and the ability to understand and define and document business needs comprehensively.
- Ability to effectively elicit functional needs from business users and translate those needs to existing functionality in Salesforce to avoid customization wherever possible.
- Basic understanding of Salesforce, SharePoint 0365, and PeopleSoft a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Clifton Park, NY - CFPK