Missouri Employer Mechanical Engineer (Energy Center) in WEST ALTON, Missouri
Company Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, and the company's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. Company Missouri's mission is to power the quality of life for its 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. The company's service area covers 64 counties and more than 500 communities including the greater St. Louis area. For more information, visit AmerenMissouri.com or follow Company Missouri on Facebook or Twitter.
The Engineer provides engineering support in all phases of maintenance, operations, design, and modifications at all Company Energy Centers.
The position will be based out of the Sioux Energy Center. Travel between energy centers across Missouri and the Power Operations Services office in the St. Louis area required. Subject to call-outs, nights, weekends and/or holiday work to support power plants.
Key responsibilities include:
* Perform engineering studies to improve Energy Center reliability, performance, efficiency, and safety.
* Perform field inspections, monitor operation, provide preventive maintenance recommendations, and provide information to optimize maintenance activities on assigned equipment.
* Implement various codes and standards to assure Energy Center is in compliance with local, state, and federal government regulations.
* Utilize Energy Center and outside resources as the System Owner for assigned equipment to implement continuous improvement.
* Optimize reliability and cost through the use of predictive technologies, PI system Plant Information Monitoring and Data Storage System industry associations and Energy Center personnel resources.
* Actively support various programs such as Plant Reliability Optimization PRO and the Corrective Action Program CAP.
* Follow and support Design Control and other Quality Management System policies and procedures.
* Responsible for development of engineering solutions, estimates of cost and schedule, maintenance and repair specifications, in coordination and liaison with operating and maintenance groups at the Energy Centers.
* Responsible for the preparation of required reports, job requisitions, work orders, and other documents; maintenance of records; and revision of drawings.
* Implement Computer technologies to use Energy Center facilities in the most cost-effective manner.
* Interact with assigned system related vendors and other groups within Company Company.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable engineering discipline from an accredited college or university required. Energy Center experience preferred. Distributed control system and/or programmable logic control experience will be considered a plus for potential job candidates.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good analytical, human relations, written and oral communication skills, and computer experience required. Ability to work overtime and take off-hour call-outs as necessary in order to support Energy Center operations is required. Travel between energy centers across Missouri and the Power Operations Services office in the St. Louis area required.
Employer's Job# 15926
Please visit job URL for mor