Waupaca Foundry, Inc. Energy Manager in Waupaca, Wisconsin
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Be responsible for analyzing current energy usage and developing Waupaca Foundry’s energy management plan in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost effective energy utilization. The Energy Manager will be responsible for driving energy performance improvements across all locations.
- Support Plant Maintenance/Engineering - Energy Project Engineering
- Provide expertise to determine feasibility of energy saving projects
- Act as a project facilitator to ensure development of project to shovel ready status
- Develop and submit project incentive rebate packages
- Provide expertise to monitor completed project to validate success
- Position WFI as an industry leader in energy management
- Manage U.S. DOE Better Buildings program, liaison, data and report submittal
- Wisconsin Cast Metals Association (WCMA) Energy Committee Leader
- Support Marketing and public relations activities
- Communicate/educate energy management program elements to WFI employees
- Develop and Implement an Energy Management System
- Develop energy management programs conformant with the ISO 50001 standard
- Pursue ISO 50001 certifications
- Provide support to maintain activities within the Energy Management System
- Energy Procurement Assistance
- Assist Purchasing with utility contract review and negotiation
- Develop and maintain natural gas nominations (Purchasing transition)
- Develop and implement demand cost control programs
- Support WIEG industrial energy procurement group
- Conduct new capital and expense request reviews
- Define and drive corporate energy metrics and the long term energy strategy.
- Assist plant energy teams in monitoring progress against defined location energy goals and identifying additional opportunities
- Support progressive programs to advance the corporate energy strategy (eg. energy dashboards, coke/melt efficiency, start-up/shutdown, air compressor, efficiency)
- Track energy consumption of all Waupaca Foundry facilities.
- Monthly energy tracking/reporting utilizing expanded metrics
- Identify and prioritize areas for improvement and monitor progress as compared to industry benchmarks
- Develop Hitachi Metals, Ltd. (HML) Synergy update data
- Support HML environmental reporting – energy
Knowledge of energy management program development. Knowledge of the metal casting industry is a plus but not required. Ability to manage budget, projects and strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. Required travel, upwards of 15% to remote Waupaca Foundry facilities.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineer, engineering technology, business or related field with emphasis on facilities management. Professional designation of Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is preferred but not required. 10+ years of experience in engineering, energy management or closely related field.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, references verification, and a pre-employment drug screening.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.