Ingersoll Rand Energy Engineering Program Manager in ST PAUL, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Trane Intelligent Services portfolio utilizes advanced analytics to measure building and energy performance, and can include remote monitoring, alert analysis and response, performance tracking and data visualization.Intelligent Services transform building data into actionable insights to optimize building performance and our customers’ bottom line.The ideal Energy Engineering Program Manager will be forward thinking in the digital age, adept in collaborative environments and team facilitation, and experienced with consultative selling in alignment with client financial and non-financial objectives.
Working in Trane’s Digital organization, the Energy Engineering Program Manager (EEPM) role combines the ability to review site interval energy use/demand data and provide technical analysis, review, measurement and verification of customer’s buildings with program leadership in commercializing energy tools and programs within Trane’s channel offices.
This position may be located in a home or company field office anywhere in the contiguous 48 continental United States, so long as a major airport is accessible within 2 hours commuting time.
Include the following. Other functions may be assigned:
- Acts as a customer-centric technical resource for the service agreement team creating cadenced assessments of interval meter data for customer’s buildings.
- Develops energy savings analysis and Energy Conservation Measures (ECM’s) guidance in the assessment output.
- As a self-starter, the EEPM manages and maintains the portfolio of assessment backlog and schedule and provides input on manpower needs.
- Partners with offices to help them develop opportunities for peak demand management, appropriate tariff structure, occupancy schedule reduction, and shifting load usage to reduce the customer’s overall usage and spend.
- Analyses data output for trends and/or any deviations that need further investigating.
- Effectively assess the economic impacts of utility company rate structures and supply side options in a wide variety of customer environments.
- Expert use of Building Energy Management System (BEMS) software, energy management tools and spreadsheets to accurately represent customer’s building operation.Use of Trane TRACE is desired.
- Positively communicates with Trane channel offices in understanding important customer Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and assists the office in delivering improvements to those KPI’s.
- Will work with Trane Optimization Engineers to coordinate the energy analysis of a customer’s building to the building system behaviors and sequences.This allows the EEPM to link building system behavior to energy usage to provide the best possible assessment for the channel office.
- Maps out (Baseline information) in BEMS software.May use other tools for benchmarking opportunities as well.
- Develops/streamlines existing assessment process using LEAN methodologies as a Value Stream team member.
- Additionally, the EEPM maintains programs to support the channel offices by maintaining business level relationships with selected partner organizations to provide industry leading tools and programs that support Trane’s digital business.
- Gives input to Agile development teams on productivity and technical improvements to Trane’s BEMS software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and experience with HVAC, control, electrical systems, high proficiency with energy analysis tools, and BEMS software experience. Working knowledge of cost and savings studies incorporating energy conversation measures.High proficiency in use of office computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and five years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Energy Engineering.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work regularly and dependably.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize conflict resolution skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver’s License.
- CEM certification is nice to have (or able to obtain within one year); PE registration desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk up to the equivalent of 6 miles in a day, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb steps, and balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment
- Some travel with overnight stays (up to 25%)
Excellent communication skills and ability to interface professionally with customers
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ST PAUL-Minnesota
Other Locations: North America-United States-Indiana, North America-United States-Colorado, North America-United States-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 24, 2017, 3:30:17 PM