Washington University of St. Louis Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering in the School of Engineering at the Danforth Campus.
The Administrative Assistant provides a broad range of administrative and accounting support to the chairman, department administrator, faculty, students and visitors to the Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- * Assistant to Department Administrator:*
- Proposals - Directly assist faculty in the preparation and submission of grant and contract applications using Proposal Development System (PDS). Prepare budget, advise faculty in interpreting funding opportunity guidelines, coordinate and verify accuracy of documents for submission to funding agency and obtain institutional approvals. Attend research administrator forums.
- Payroll - Enter student appointments into HRMS, perform I-9 verification and process required paperwork during on-boarding process. Monitor student sourcing for bi-weekly and monthly paysheets. Maintain graduate student funding database and run student source authorization reports for faculty.
- Events Coordinator:
- Logistical organizer of the multiple steps associated with department seminars, lectures, collaborator visits, short courses, workshops and department functions. This includes updating website, notices, advertisements, room reservations, furniture logistics, meal reservations, catering, hotel/travel arrangements and scheduling itineraries.
- Undergraduate International Experience Contact:
- Administrative Coordinator of annual Undergraduate International Experience Program which includes providing information to students, collection of applications, coordination of visas, hotel/travel arrangements and other administrative duties deemed necessary by program director.
- Accounting Support:
- Creation of Nano Research Facility (NRF) invoices, entry into Administrative Information System (AIS) or mailing to outside vendors and follow-up of payments. Provide back-up assistance to both Accounting Specialist and Office and Accounting Coordinator during high volumes.
- Work with Chair on Special Projects:
- These are related to Education and other Outreach Activities. Preparation of flyers, brochures and reports. Collect information and do analytics on information related to Department and its Initiatives.
- General Office Support:
- This includes oversight of mailroom and delivery services, federal work study student (scanning), room scheduling, distributing conference room keys, ordering office and kitchen supplies as well as replenishing stock.
- *Back-up Graduate Program Coordinator: *
- This includes providing assistance to Graduate Program Coordinator and answering frequently asked questions from students and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school degree and three years of experience in administrative support.
- Knowledge of accounting functions. Intermediate computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential information professionally.
- Ability to learn tools to enhance productivity.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and work independently with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Washington University policies and experience with data systems.
- Familiar with database, spreadsheet, graphing and web updating programs.
The hiring range for this position is $16.80 - $21.42 per hour.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant - Energy, Environmental & Chemical Engineering - 37236
Job ID: 37236
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time