Amazon.com Energy Projects Manager in Seattle, Washington
Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS Infrastructure Energy Team (IET). In this role, you will engage with electric utilities across AWS’s global footprint to manage the interconnection of Amazon data centers to the grid. This role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to grow AWS’s diverse, and low-cost energy supply. The candidate must be able to manage projects and help evaluate potential savings opportunities in the energy space. The candidate will identify and develop energy projects, programs, and initiatives and execute on these projects. The candidate will analyze and report on performance metrics, manage utility interactions, and secure energy related incentives and funding. The candidate will work as part of an integrated team to implement energy program requirements and achieve results.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong project management and energy background that enables them to engage with both the internal business partners and energy stakeholders around the globe. The candidate will have experience managing the development and/or construction of energy infrastructure projects. The right candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of contracts, initiatives and team goals. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these partners, you will be responsible for driving out cost and meeting energy team objectives to support AWS’s global infrastructure expansion.
Function Specific Work Activities:
· Support the development and execution of a comprehensive energy and utilities strategy for AWS data centers
· Manage the interconnection of AWS data centers to the electric grid by working with utilities and local operations teams across the globe
· Work with utility regulators to develop policies and guidelines that enable broader AWS strategies and objectives.
· Manage capital budgets for electrical infrastructure improvements
· Identify and develop cost savings projects and initiatives related to energy infrastructure. Responsible for formalizing the scope, obtaining quotes, performing project savings analysis and obtaining project approval.
· Collaborate with the Infrastructure Energy Team on the implementation and management of energy and projects in a timely and accurate fashion.
Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) required- Economics/Engineering/Business or other technical field
5+ years of experience working in utility/energy industry
Construction or project management experience in the energy industry
Strong analytical and commercial skill set to review utility tariffs, energy projects and power contracts
The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills
Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
Be a passionate self-starter
- Master’s Degree (MBA/MS) preferred
Experience developing or constructing substations or other energy infrastructure
Experience working with public utility commissions and other energy regulators
International business experience
Experience with IT infrastructure, data centers and cloud service
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 586478
External Company URL: www.amazon.com