City of Phoenix Water Services Project Coordinator - Energy Management in Phoenix, Arizona
The Water Services Department is seeking a Water Services Project Coordinator to manage consultants and perform project management duties for energy-related projects involving water and wastewater processes. This position is primarily responsible for coordinating the evaluation of equipment and processes at water treatment plants, booster pump station, wells, lift stations and wastewater treatment plants to determine their energy intensity and efficiency. The Project Coordinator will recommend appropriate Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) based on findings from these studies and will serve as project manager for their implementation and sustainability. This eligible list may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Position Specific Duties may include:
Review of plans and specification for water and wastewater projects for conformance to policies and codes related to energy;
Conduct energy audits of processes at water treatment plants, booster pump stations, wells, lift stations, and wastewater treatment plants;
Calculate economic metrics of proposed ECMs including simple payback, return on investment, and life cycle costs;
Analyzes facility utility bills to determine energy usage trends; and
Serve as liaison with electric service providers for obtaining rebates for implementation of ECMs
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications. First review of applications will occur the week of June 12, 2017.
$60,174 - $89,856 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
- Five years of professional experience in a water and wastewater utility including supervisory experience.
- Professional experience must include one year of experience in the practice of energy engineering work, and a bachelor's degree in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
A well-qualified candidate would possess the job requirements listed above, plus some or all of the following:
Knowledge and training in water and wastewater system operations
Knowledge of established energy engineering principles, methods and techniques
Experience coordinating energy savings programs with electrical service providers
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter or resume, please describe your design or work experience in sanitary sewer, lift station, wastewater odor control, or treatment facilities.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://employee.phoenix.gov/Documents/Employment_Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Water Services Project Coordinator, JC #50830, ID #23171, CH, Benefits: Supervisory
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Water Services Project Coordinator - Energy Management
Job ID: 23171
Location: Professional & Supervisory