Black & Veatch Proposal Specialist - Energy in Overland Park, Kansas
Proposal Specialist - Energy
The Marketing team generates a large volume of quality, strategic work deliverables across geographies, technologies and scopes. We embrace proactive leadership along with deployment of marketing and applied intelligence expertise that helps the company achieve growth.
Entry-level marketing and proposal position working closely with key Power and Oil & Gas leaders (in assigned areas) providing coordination of various prequalification and proposal responses, including thorough review of client solicitations, work product planning, and completing and ensuring the timely delivery of high quality materials. Also supports the deployment of crisp, polished sales messages and graphical elements in various pursuit capture materials (proposal body, executive summary, cover letter) and marketing collateral.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inventories and maintains standard Q&E documents , portal data and related materials
• Completes bidder’s qualification statements with assistance from Proposal Manager, Marketing Analyst, others
• Coordinates proposals, including driving proposal related processes and schedule
• Coordinates and directly participates in the editing, proofing and production of qualification statements and proposals globally. Individual is responsible for overall quality of documents and materials submitted
• Builds and utilizes external and internal network and available resources
• Supports pursuit team to effectively address (internal/external) client needs and expectations based on understanding and input from others
• Researches pertinent information as needed for qualifications and proposal preparation
• Establishes proposal deadlines and division of responsibility ensure the timely completion of proposals, several independent tasks and short-term projects
• May help coordinate the formatting of sales presentations Supports the creation, inventory and maintenance of standard marketing documents
• Understands and applies value selling concepts
• Helps to coordinate proposal related enhancements, including supporting graphics, images, callout boxes to punctuate sales messaging
• Leads proposal kickoff meetings with Proposal Managers, team
Education: High School diploma required with relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred with no experience. Experience: 0-1+ years related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Strong organizational capabilities with attention to detail
• Self-starter, motivated and displays leadership skills
• Comfortable working in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills
• Schedule sensitive and deadline and detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task and cope with moderate to high level of stress
• Able to work overtime on short notice
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.