SMBC Vice President - Power, Energy & Infrastructure, Investment Banking Group - SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. in New York, New York
SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. (SMBC Nikko America) is looking for a VP to join its Investment Banking Group's Power, Energy & Infrastructure Team.
In order to provide more comprehensive service and value to clients, SMBC Nikko America has established an Investment Banking Group (IBG) within the firm. The IBG group is focused on enhancing the SMFG value proposition for clients through capital markets, M&A, lending and advisory solutions in the Americas. IBG has been organized with sector focused coverage teams and an M&A execution team.
The Power, Energy & Infrastructure team (PEI-IB) was recently established in January 2017 and is now looking to add additional professionals to help develop and grow the business.
We are looking for candidates for a Vice President level position with the following responsibilities:
· Help to enhance or establish relationships with corporations and financial sponsors by providing value-added advisory services and a wide range of financial solutions
· Assist in obtaining merger and acquisition (M&A) mandates, debt and equity capital market transactions and loans by leveraging the execution and lending capabilities of SMBC and SMBC Nikko
· Support the sector head in establishing the platform which will include extensive (deep dive) analysis of targeted clients, helping create the databases and other information needed for the development and ongoing operations PEI-IB.
· Help to coordinate internally with other stakeholders regarding client interaction, transactions and credit issues.
· Lead and / or help with preparation of client pitches including ensuring high quality of information, analysis and professionalism of presentation.
· Support and / or lead communication with clients.
· Support and/or lead the execution of transactions originated by the team.
· Other responsibilities as needed to support the platform.
Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in investment banking and/or project finance with relevant industry/sector experience.
Strong analytical skills
Strong energy & infrastructure and / or cash flow modeling skills (modeling is not a primary responsibility, however overseeing and ensuring the quality and accuracy of modeling by junior staff is an important component of the position)
BA/BS degree required, or equivalent. MBA or CFA preferred
Series 79 & 63 licenses required (if candidate does not currently have licenses they will be required to pass the exams very shortly after starting)
Leadership skills (will help lead and train junior staff)
Strong written and verbal English communications skills, Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Career Category Securities
Position ID 2017-0331
Corporate Title ..
Posting Date 6/7/2017
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability