TRC Companies Sr. Electrical Engineer (PV-Energy Storage-Microgrid) in New York, New York
TRC Energy Services is seeking a qualified individual to support Microgrid and distributed energy projects as well as commercial, institutional and residential energy efficiency and green building programs. Projects and responsibilities may include microgrid and distributed generation system design, energy efficiency consulting, demand side project management, combined heat & power; custom boiler and central utility plants; district heating and cooling systems. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of electrical and thermal building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability.
*Workplace flexibility at the following TRC locations: Clifton Park NY, Ithaca NY, or New York City.
- Manage, review, and maintain client communications.
- Interact with clients, utility personnel, contractors, and project stakeholders to assess the technical feasibility of and distributed energy projects including commercial and industrial-scale photovoltaics, energy storage and microgrid projects.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications; applies knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish installation standards and specifications.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Prepare cost estimates and specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Oversee project efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare technical drawings, one-line diagrams, cost estimates and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering, environmental science or other building-related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in low and medium voltage design experience with service entrance, distribution and rounding systems in building or industrial electrical facilities
- Minimum 10 years of experience in industrial electrical construction project management.
- Familiarity with electrical power generating equipment and control systems.
- Familiarity with common industrial electrical construction methods and materials.
- Familiarity with industrial SCADA systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using AutoCAD to generate electrical drawings.
- Must possess current certificate of training for OSHA 10 hour Construction Safety course, or complete TRC on-line training course upon employment.
- Working familiarity with National Electric Code 2014 and later editions.
- Must possess current certificate of training for NFPA 70E (Arc-Flash) Standard, or complete TRC training course upon employment.
- Must possess current certificate of training for OSHA 1910.147 Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout-Tagout), or complete TRC training course upon employment.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
New York, NY - Broadway - NYC1