Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP Legal Assistant (Entry-Level; Global Project, Energy & Infrastructure Finance) in New York, New York
Office: New York
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This position provides legal assistant support to the attorneys in a particular practice area. Key responsibilities include:
* Manage and organize case files and document productions (includes document coding in databases).
* Conduct and compile research, maintain/update working group lists and organize due diligence documents.
* Deposition and trial preparation.
* Draft letters to clients and other counsel.
* Prepare Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings, order Lien searches and stay abreast of regulations relating to Article 9 of the UCC.
* Assist with the creation of corporations and limited liability companies, including preparation of formation documents, ordering searches and overseeing all filing requirements and maintenance obligations.
* Validate and process vendor invoices in a timely manner.
* Prepare responses to auditor requests.
* Coordinate filing and service of motions.
* Obtain pleadings from court dockets and monitor dockets.
* Assemble and distribute documents for hearings and client meetings.
* Maintain and update case contact information.
* File court documents electronically.
* Cite-check and bluebook briefs.
* Notarize documents, assist with notary authentication and apostilling/consularization of documents.
* Review and proofread legal documents (grammar/punctuation, definition/cross reference checks and book reads).
* Assist with closings, draft and review closing checklists and prepare closing binders in electronic and paper format for distribution.
* Load and organize closing sets and deal documents in relevant databases.
* Draft form documents/correspondence for deal participants.
* Other responsibilities as they may be assigned from time-to-time.
Education and Experience:
* A 4-year college degree required by the time employment commences.
* Proficiency in Spanish
* Strong client service and demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to handle and complete multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
* Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
* Strong attention-to-detail, spelling and grammar skills.
* Ability to think critically and analytically, and exhibit sound judgment.
* Effective and proactive team player.
* Flexible and available to work overtime as needed (includes evening and weekend).
* Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
* Become a notary public within the first 6 months of employment.
* Available to report to work on regularly scheduled days and at the scheduled hour.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. The position will commence Summer 2017.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Elizabeth Abrego, Administrative Recruiter at [email protected]. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Milbank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We value diversity and are firmly committed to a policy of non-discrimination, on the basis of actual or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin and citizenship, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, creed, genetic predisposition, carrier status or any other classification protected by law. Our policy of equal opportunity applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, and all other terms of employment.
Employer's Job# 8526bb7e7980544c3ef3b7506ae650f9
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.