Marsh & McLennan Cos Energy Broker - Nuclear Center of Excellence in New York, New York
Principal responsibilities for the Energy Broker include risk consulting and support of nuclear insurance placements, solicitation, and brokering of accounts, risk inspection support, risk finance market development, project risk management support, and development of thought leadership pieces to help further the risk management goals of our clients.
* Assist clients in identifying risk issues and appropriately addressing them in order to present the best risk profile to prospective insurer partners
* Search the global insurance market for the best counterparties for client risks, and place risks while structuring risk financing programs to best support client goals. This is done in close coordination with the risk officer of client companies
* Support insurer facility inspections and act as an advocate for our clients in negotiating plans of action to address identified risk issues
* Oversee the correct issuance of all documentation pertaining to risk financing transaction including, but not limited to invoicing, policy review and binding
* Complete assigned projects involving the production of thought leadership and innovation in the areas of nuclear risk management and risk financing
* Make presentations in support of client, industry and Marsh sponsored events
* Solicit new client relationships with the support of team members and risk specialists
* Supervise the individual(s) assigned to his/her team when assigned management responsibilities
* Required to be licensed in states where risks are placed (No initial license required - Marsh will support this)
* Minimum three years nuclear plant operating experience - civilian or military
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.