Macy's Director of Energy in New York, New York
_Job Overview:_ __ This Position requires a strong operational and professional technical background along with the experience necessary to support specific facilities initiatives directly related to energy management. This person will provide analytical support in assessing Macy’s global energy markets in depth, and manage the regional and nationally recognized teams. Manage the Team’s Primary function to assist in publishing and delivering weekly & Monthly reports to facilitate weekly conference calls with the regions. This person must have successfully demonstrated sufficient experience in managing and developing teams to steer facilities associates to issues and remedies for best operations. Additionally, this individual may be called on to survey existing facilities and subsequently produce suggested improvement strategies which will reduce energy usage and improve adherence to standards and functionality. This person is recognized as an energy expert by his/her peers and V.P. May act as Project Manager or Project Sponsor on multiple projects. The person must be organized, have superior follow up as well as interpersonal skills along with Leadership skills in order to present information in manners which are usable based on a variety of audiences.
•Produce and analyze energy consumption reports to monitor, control, and identify opportunities to reduce consumption. •Track energy commodity markets and public utilities affecting all Macy’s Inc. locations. Understand market forces and their impact on the energy commodities consumed, to influence procurement strategy. •Develop and refine forecasting models that accurately report consumption and project rate performance to develop more effective commodity hedging strategy. •Develop and propose energy savings capital projects. Utilize ROI calculations to prioritize and demonstrate savings opportunity for all projects. •Manage relationships with energy service companies and corporate energy team to ensure all service, incentive and rebate programs are communicated and maximized. •Research, develop and recommend new and emerging technologies to reduce utility expenses and be consistent with corporate sustainability objectives. •Establish process and partnership with field technicians and energy management system control for timely identification and corrective action of excessive consumption anomalies. •Partner with corporate construction on adherence to operating standards and compliance to energy savings initiatives. •Develop executive talent by creating and supporting a culture that values retention, career development and succession planning. •Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality _ _ _Qualifications:_
• Bachelor’s degree, or at least 5 years of management experience within facilities or energy field. • Professional certifications such as Certified Energy Manager (CEM) highly desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; • Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals; • Technical writing skills; • Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, and consensus building skills; • Presentation, written, and verbal communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business.
•Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision; • Advanced problem solving, multitasking, and time management skills with attention to detail.
• This position requires regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. • May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. • Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Strong leadership, teamwork, organizational, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels; • Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills; • General knowledge of IT, LAN/WAN requirements as related to EMS/BMS components; • Overall understanding of the facilities suite of systems and their interdependence; • Ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members; • PC and Microsoft Windows skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project).
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs; • Off hours support as required; • Significant travel will be required.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Job: Facilities and Building Maintenance
Req ID: MAC07437