Schneider Electric Energy Associate Controller in Nashville, Tennessee
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Job name:Energy Associate Controller
Business: US Energy T&S; business
Organization: Energy Business, North America
Energy Associate Controller within the US Energy organization located in Nashville, TN. This team drives all financial aspects of a $250M business that delivers Engineered to Order (ETO) equipment and projects to multiple customer segments and through multiple sales channels in an exciting, fast-paced environment as articulated through a highly visible Energy Rebound strategy.
This position will assume a key role with the US Energy team by supporting all financial processes, with a focus on tracking, analyzing & communicating actual and projected financial performance versus expectations.
- Tracking & measurement of financial results to expectations, within monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Analyze business lines by accounts, segments, perform trend analysis, identify and correct mapping errors and address root cause issues
- Prepare closing commentary for Energy Controller team to support month-end reporting deliverables
- Deliver the financial results, analysis and commentary to the US Energy management team in support of operating cadence (weekly, monthly, quarterly as required)
- Build underlying P&L; trend analysis and support Business Leaders with their full P&L; responsibilities to drive profitable growth
- Respond to inquiries from management and provide concise, effective summary of findings
- Build forecast projections by analyzing backlog, COGS, headcount and allocations
- Coordinate with Global Supply Chain to understand profitability levers related to productivity, inflation and mix
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement continuous improvement processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the team and wider organization
- Work with finance peers in a strong team atmosphere, collaborating, influencing and improving items outside of hierarchical ownership.
This job might be for you if:
- Dynamic, high-performing, team-player who thrives in fast-paced environment
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify and problem-solve issues and understand overarching business priorities
- Takes initiative to respond appropriately to changes in responsibilities and priorities
- Proactively supports peers to promote knowledge-sharing, collaboration and development
- Critical thinker who will effectively translate complex or disorganized financial data into concise, usable information for management decision-making
- Detail oriented with focus on identifying root cause issues and summarizing findings appropriately for their internal customers
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-6 years of experience in Finance or Accounting role
- Strong data mining & reporting skills (Microsoft Office Suite including pivot tables, vlookups, SUMIFs, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new systems and applications quickly and to proactively explore functionality within
- Prior experience needed: SAP, Hyperion (Essbase), SQL
- Prior experience preferred: Tableau, Salesforce.com
- Direct report to Energy US finance leader
- Success will depend on the ability to build relationships with Finance peers and the Energy US organization
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Nashville
Unposting Date: Nov 23, 2017, 1:59:00 PM
Req ID: 003QBJ