Google Senior Analyst, Finance, Energy and Alternative Investments in Mountain View, California
Google's Treasury team is on a mission to optimize the return on Google's financial assets. As a member of this team, you're always looking for innovative ways to help Google invest for the future while limiting volatility and material surprises. In addition to risk busting and asset management, you work collaboratively to administer business insurance programs and stock programs, and provide financial analysis support to our internal teams. You make creative yet calculated decisions that are backed by both experience and your extensive knowledge of the economy and financial industry.
When it comes to evaluating a Renewable Energy Investments, the diligence team plays a critical role in providing the tool kit for making sound business decisions. Working in close partnership with Technical Infrastructure, Legal, Treasury, and Tax, this team provides the financial analysis, accounting, forecasting and model review, to help decision-makers assess the strengths and risks involved in a given opportunity.
As part of this team, you not only have strong finance and accounting background, but you can harness this knowledge to navigate complex financial issues to find creative solutions. You're willing to dive deep into the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Work with our Asset Management, Tax, and Legal teams to determine the scope, resources and timing for due diligence, technical accounting and on-going operations. Work with our Technical Infrastructure team to provide technical accounting diligence and financial diligence of power purchase agreements.
- Influence the transactions from initial term sheet draft through due diligence, agreement structuring, accounting for the investment, and post-close maintenance.
- Manage internal and external financial diligence teams through the delivery of a summary of findings for renewable investments and determine guidance for internal staff on agreement structure and accounting and financial ramifications of terms.
- Gather, research, and process data to determine accounting treatment, create journal entries and determine consolidation structure and mechanics, and draft technical accounting documents to describe all aspects of executed transactions.
- Collaborate with the SEC Accounting group to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Review financial models to ensure completeness, accuracy, and reliability
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA or equivalent.
- Experience with tax equity investment structures and Power Purchase Agreements. Experience with accounting issues VIE, consolidation considerations, and embedded lease.
- Project management and computer experience, including experience using in spreadsheet software and financial models.
- Knowledge of power markets and associated technical accounting.
- Transaction Services / Diligence experience.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvements.
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.