Ricoh Americas Corporation Advanced Services Strategy, Sr Manager - Energy Vertical in Malvern, Pennsylvania
POSITION PROFILE (This position can be supported out of any of our U.S. locations.)
The Senior Manager, Advanced Services Strategy focused to the Energy Vertical is an experienced professional who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and functional domain knowledge, horizontal and vertical services strategy and service offering development expertise and strong interpersonal skills. This role will be responsible for ensuring line-of-sight to near-term, medium-term and future strategic priorities across the Ricoh advanced services portfolio and driving ongoing fact-based and context-based portfolio analysis consistent with Ricoh RCL and Ricoh US strategic priorities and financial objectives. This role will partner with Ricoh Sales BUs, Ricoh Services, Consulting, Product Marketing, Engineering, and others to craft new advanced services offerings that address customer mission-critical business needs and accelerate sales of Ricoh services in the Energy Vertical. They will work cross-functionally to capture VOC/VOF, work with thought leader organizations to understand market dynamics and identify next-generation advanced services opportunities, help articulate and clarify areas of competitive differentiation, define the value proposition and go-to-market-strategy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to form pragmatic, unbiased, market-based perspectives on Ricoh business priorities and new advanced services opportunities
- Lead the development of the Ricoh US strategy for services in the industry vertical or core business domain assigned, working with thought leaders from across the company to validate and refine the strategy, ensuring proper focus on the most high-impact growth and profitable services opportunities.
- Develop the multi-year roadmaps for service offering developments and enhancements to ensure achievement of the approved strategy.
- Lead the efforts across all teams (Product Management /Marketing, Engineering/Technology Center, Professional Services, Managed Services, Alliance Partner,, Business Development, etc.) to define, build, and launch the key differentiated core business domain and/or industry vertical service offerings that will drive Ricoh services revenue and profitability. Lead every aspect of the service development lifecycle, from services concept through architecture and design, business case creation through offering development and commercialization, demand generation to services launch and post-launch follow-through.
- Be the single point of accountability within the organization for the achievement of the business case results associated with the service offering investment approved by Ricoh senior leadership.
- Build out the go-to-market elements of messaging, positioning, service architectures, new partners and complementary technologies necessary to support Ricoh services led value proposition
- Have a talent for understanding technical concepts and translating them into market-ready messages that will resonate with Ricoh customers and prospects
- Possess a strong services orientation, understanding how services are structured, sold, implemented,delivered, invoiced, monitored, measured, reported, etc, and ensure these are properly addressed during the development and launch of service offerings, educating others on these concepts along the way.
- Support creation of compelling sales enablement and customer-facing assets conveying the Ricoh message, including: presentations, white papers, web pages, battle cards, sales playbooks, blogs, press articles and promotions
- Facilitate interactions with Product Marketing, Channel Marketing , Managed Services, Professional Services, Engineering, Finance, and other departments during the strategic planning cycle, and ongoing strategic initiatives/projects aimed at improving Ricoh's services growth trajectory or execution efficiency
- Work with the New Business Development and Alliances team to identify and develop strategic partnerships to explore and maximize new revenue avenues as well as to create a healthy partner ecosystem
- Provide input to New Business Development team on inorganic/M&A activities from a portfolio/economics perspective, as required
- Act as thought leader and primary spokesperson to evangelize Ricoh's services strategy to media, analysts and other key influencers; maintain an active social media presence, including regular blog posts; speak frequently on panels, at conferences, end-user and partner live and virtual events.
- Serve as trusted advisor to a Ricoh's executive team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- BA/BS degree in related field. MBA preferred.
- Typically 8-10 years of experience in: a) services/product management, b) professional /managed services strategy and/or portfolio development/management, c) solutions/services design/consulting/delivery.
- Must be a thought leader within the Energy Vertical with a proven track record in: a) developing and executing growth and/or portfolio strategies, b) selling and/or delivering technology services or business process services, and c) building standardized/repeatable service offerings in accordance with a formal development process.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.