Lumina Decision Systems Senior Consultant for Energy Analytics in Los Gatos, California
Lumina is seeking an experienced energy modeler and consultant to take a leadership role in our small consulting group, based in Campbell, CA in Silicon Valley.
You must have:
· A graduate degree in science, engineering, operations research, or other quantitative discipline.
· Experience building substantial computer models of real world systems
· Outstanding analytic and quantitative skills
· Outstanding communication skills in writing and working with clients
Nice to have:
· Programming and software development
· PhD in science, engineering, operations research, or economics
· Experience in decision analysis and/or systems dynamics
· Experience in energy analytics and electric power markets
· Expertise in optimization and statistics
· Experience with Analytica or other state-of-the-art modeling tools
· Experience in coaching or teaching
· Publications in a relevant area and interest in continuing to publish
· A passion for developing practical solutions to move our world onto a sustainable path.
Please provide your resume and a sample of your writing — a technical article and, if you have one, also an informal piece for a wider audience, e.g. a blog post or magazine article.
Lumina provides consulting and advanced analytic software to help organizations make challenging decisions in energy, environment, transport, finance, and healthcare. Lumina's clients range from clean-tech start-ups to Fortune 50 companies, utilities, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Department of Energy, and the World Bank. A Lumina team, led by CEO Max Henrion, won the 2014 Decision Analysis Practice Award from the INFORMS Decision Analysis Society and Society for Decision Professionals