Waste Management Diesel Mechanic - Energy Services - Tool Reimbursement $5000 in Keenesburg, Colorado
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management Energy Services offers a variety of oilfield related services throughout the U.S. shale plays. WM Energy Services excels in providing a safe work environment and the top-notch customer service our clients expect. Start your career with a company that has the resources and reputation to provide its employees with growth opportunity and a stable career. We are immediately seeking professionals who have experience working in the oil and gas industry, are safety focused, and customer-oriented. Join WM Energy Services and be a part North America’s leading environmental solutions team by applying today!
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technician’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and specialized Energy Services equipment.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment (i.e. Vacuum Trucks, Hydroexcavators, etc.).
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Tool Reimbursement up to $2,500 for the first year of employment. An additional up to $2,500 for the second year of employment.$500 for each year after two years of employment.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Diesel Mechanic - Energy Services - Tool Reimbursement $5000
Requisition ID: 17009375