Pilot Thomas Logistics Financial Analyst - Energy (Fort Worth, TX) in Fort Worth, Texas
Leads financial analysis projects as well as manages recurring financial reporting. Aids organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, P&L mapping, cost control, and project control. Evaluates and analyzes CAPEX plan, depreciation, operating records, financial statements, etc. Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses. Documents revenues and expenditures expected and submits to management. Develops financial/accounting strategy for financial planning and control. Assists in preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans and other ad hoc projects. Advises management on matters, such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Position reports to the Director of Operations Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc financial analysis for Energy Senior Management & Operations Leadership teams
- Preparation of financial packages with Regional P&Ls, Channel P&Ls, SG&A Performance Analysis, Customer Profitability, Key Labor Metrics, etc.
- Manage Annual Energy Budget and Quarterly Reforecasting processes, including conducting meetings and collaborating with Energy Management & Sales teams
- Close responsibilities including working with Energy Management and Corporate Management teams to draft detail financial reports sent to the Energy executives along with the regional VPs
- Preparation of daily volume and gross margin forecasts, weekly AR aging/DSO reporting, weekly management report, and payroll/labor metric analyses, Weekly OPEX analyses
- Prepare meeting materials for Energy Management including designing graphs, charts, tables, summarizing operational and financial results
- Prepare business cases and basic to intermediate operational models for project investments, including ROI calculations, break-even analysis, net present value and sensitivity analysis
- Special projects as requested and performs other duties
Typical Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Finance, or Accounting); Advanced degree is a plus
- 2-4 years' experience in relevant finance or accounting-related capacity
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office products with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Past experience with company analysis and financial reporting, Industry related experience is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Able to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability and demonstrated success in effectively communicating to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form
- Able to plan, schedule and track activities required for successful completion of ongoing and
- special project activities
- Strong team player who is able to build key relationships with team members across multiple functions throughout the organization
- Willingness and demonstrated skills at contributing ideas and taking action, which reinforces
- company success
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations
- This position requires working in an office setting
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs.
With more than 69 years of experience in the industry, Pilot Thomas Logistics is the premier provider of fuel, lubricants and chemicals to the Energy, Marine, Mining and Industrial markets. The corporate headquarters are located in Fort Worth, Texas and there are more than 3,000 team members located throughout North America allowing us to provide high quality products and outstanding services to our valued customers.