LP Building Products HEAT ENERGY AREA LEAD (3RD CLASS POWER ENGINEER) in Fort St. John, British Columbia
LP Building Products is currently seeking a Heat Energy Area Team Leader* *to join a dynamic team at their facility located in Fort St. John, British Columbia.
LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
To supervise and manage all plant operations and activities in the Heat Energy department to meet production goals, quality, cost, and safety objectives. To support corporate business objectives by ensuring compliance with all standards, policies and regulations for a safe and environmentally sound operation.
- Prepare reports and maintain records and documentation according to guidelines in a timely and accurate manner.
- Executes manufacturing components of the site business plan for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with all Boiler Branch, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Deploy & communicate goals, objectives and performance measurements related to area of responsibility.
- Provide ongoing technical and professional development for the Heat Energy employees.
- Assist and participate with hiring, interviewing, selection and orientation process; has significant responsibility for hiring process from recommendations to hiring.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, such as production meetings, safety committee and site business teams.
- Prioritize work in the Area to maximize equipment uptime and process efficiency.
- Coordinate production/maintenance scheduled downtime in the Area
- Track Area downtime, quality and productivity to ensure adequate data to allow proper prioritization of workload
- Report promptly to department managers and production planning department when delays occur, estimates length of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Coordinate with maintenance and engineering departments for required repair work.
- Manage within budget; assist with cost management and department budgeting process.
- Lead and participate in capital projects, process improvement, cost reduction and continuous improvement projects. May manage capital projects within area of responsibility.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of processes and equipment, industry technological developments and best practices.
- Network with vendors, customers and key functional group managers.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing process and improvement process.
- Knowledge of Boiler Branch, safety, health and environmental rules, laws, requirements and applicable LP programs.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR, Safety and Environmental polices and procedures.
- Knowledge of correct application of systems and processes that ensures continuous improvement (safety, maintenance, quality and manufacturing).
- Demonstrated oral, written communication and math skills Strong organizational, motivational and project management skills.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Basic budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships within and outside of manufacturing.
- Ability to interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to motivate, coach and lead direct reports through daily job assignments, team meetings, etc.
- Ability to use computer and supporting software.
- Minimum grade 12 preferably post secondary education in a related field
- Third Class Steam Certificate recognized in British Columbia
- 3+ years’ industry experience
- 4+ years supervisory/management experience
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Plant environment.
About Fort St. John
Energetic Fort St. John is located on the historic Alaska Highway and is the oldest interior community. With a growing population of 21,000 Fort St. John offers a small town lifestyle with big city amenities. We have a commercial airport with daily direct flights to Calgary and Vancouver. In addition to the availability of year round outdoor activities, the City provides a state-of-the-art Recreation Facility on three levels that includes two hockey arenas, a long track speed skating track and a free of charge walking track. The city reflects our large resource base of forestry, agriculture, oil and natural gas. Anyone can easily experience the vitality and spirit of Fort St. John residents that is reflected in the dynamic and energetic population. Come visit, play and stay in Fort St. John.
Job Code: C14027
Date Posted: 08 / 16 / 2017
Name: Fort St. John, BC
Category: Manufacturing - OSB