Leidos Senior Solar Energy Engineer in DENVER, Colorado
Senior Solar Energy Engineer– Denver, CO
Leidos has an opportunity for a* Sr Solar Energy Engineer* with primary responsibility for working in a team setting to support an existing renewable energy consulting practice and with secondary responsibility for managing work products within the practice.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
• Providing comprehensive technical reviews on various energy technologies, in particular photovoltaic (PV) power generation technologies
• Performance modeling/analysis/testing or operations and maintenance of PV and other renewable generation facilities.
• Solar resource modeling using PVsyst
• Witnessing the performance testing of other renewable energy or traditional power generation facilities
• Writing independent/owner engineering reviews and reports, including analyzing the operations and performance (O&M) of both new and existing solar power generating facilities.
• Other duties include supporting team manager and overall practice in a forward-looking mentality by reviewing other/emerging technologies, such as: energy storage, participating in reviewing operations and maintenance (O&M) of other types of power generation facilities, and presenting white papers
• Bachelors in engineering required, with a minimum of 8+ years experience in engineering design, evaluation of technology, construction monitoring, performance modeling/analysis/testing or operations and maintenance of Photovoltaic (PV) and other renewable generation facilities, or a minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience, with an MBA and/or other advanced degree in: engineering, finance, business, or related management area
• Deep understanding of PV modules and inverters, including how performance is modeled inside and outside of PVsyst.
• Experience in and understanding of statistics.
• Experience with wind energy assessments is a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, DOE, and EIA, and energy service companies.
• Successful track record maintaining client relations and working with clients (both internal and external).
• Ability to be a successful manager of a team using proven project management skills.
• The job may require as much as 35 percent travel
• Foreign language skills are a plus, Bilingual Spanish is desired
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.