Ingersoll Rand Energy Engineer III in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for generating computer models and energy savings calculations for financially guaranteed performance contracting projects.Provides technical analysis and review of computer models and energy savings calculations generated by others.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Participates as team member of a cross functional project development teams on financially guaranteed performance contracting projects.
- Act as a technical resource for the project team on complex and advanced engineering projects by providing engineering expertise and support to other team members
- Provides technical analysis/review of energy calculations and contract documents on ESPC, Enable, PACT, and other performance contracting projects.Provides feedback on project engineering and savings guarantee risk.
- Partners with district offices on various project tasks as assigned by team leader.
- Interacts with customers and may support project sales team in developing and delivering presentations to the customer.
- Performs building “walk-throughs” to identify Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) for building systems (architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) in commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
- Develops scopes of work and pricing for ECMs.
- Uses energy/utility accounting software to establish energy usage baseline for project.
- Analyzes and assesses the economic impacts of utility company rate structures and supply side options in a wide variety of customer environments.
- Utilizes simulation software and spreadsheets to accurately represent pre and post retrofit building operation.Customizes software and spreadsheets to achieve desired technical results.
- Coordinates with Measurement and Verification (M&V) Engineer to determine the best methods for M&V of system performance.
- Conducts interim reviews during project construction to assess the energy savings guarantee impact of any changes to the original contract scope of work.
- Revises energy models for additions/changes to the facility that affect existing guarantees or for optimizing existing control strategies.
- Analyzes data output for trends and/or any deviations that need further investigation.
- Develops/streamlines project reporting capabilities.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, communicating with team and providing customer feedback.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Some travel with overnight stays (up to 50 %)
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Exceptional ability, proficiency and experience with computer applications.
- Understands general construction processes and project schedules.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface professionally with customers.
- Desire for hands-on project development and customer contact.
- Ability and initiative to work independently, self-starter with high energy level.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may mentor entry level energy engineers.Manages consulting engineers who may be providing ECM scopes and energy savings calculations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the functions and responsibilities listed above. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and five years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Energy Engineering.Knowledge and experience with HVAC, control, electrical systems and high proficiency with computer generated energy modeling tools, preferably Trane TRACE.Working knowledge of cost and savings studies incorporating energy conversation measures.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work regularly and dependably.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems utilizing problem solving skills with input from other team members.
- Ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
- Ability to utilize conflict resolution skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk up to the equivalent of 6 miles in a day, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb ladders and steps, and balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position works in a typical office environment with frequent visits to job sites which includes outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position may be located in the individual’s home or in a Trane field office located anywhere in the contiguous 48 States, so long as a major airport is accessible within 2 hours commuting time.Since the field offices supported by this position are located in the southeastern United States and eastern Canada a location in the states east of the Rocky Mountains is preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 5, 2017, 2:53:45 PM