ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Sr. Engineer, Energy Efficiency- Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
Energy Engineer Chicago Area
ICF is adding staff to its Chicago-based team to support and further develop our local business. Our clients include utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 global corporations, as well as a variety of industry, and Government organizations.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to take a lead role in the delivery of energy engineering expertise for a major client in the area. You should have the unique combination of interpersonal and analytical skills that will make you a critical member of our team from the day you arrive. We place a premium on creativity, an ability to work independently when necessary but to function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to client satisfaction.
- Conduct independent engineering reviews of Commercial and Industrial (C&I) energy efficiency projects and develop measurement and verification (M&V) plans, using established M&V protocols
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to our clients
- Review technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects for commercial and industrial customers
- Interface with C&I customers and their installation contractors, engineers and others, to ensure energy savings estimates are valid and appropriate
- Engage with client managers and other portfolio implementation contractors
- Provide subject matter expertise, as needed, to support ICF s energy efficiency business across the region
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy end-used systems in commercial and industrial settings, including but not limited to: HVAC systems, pumping and compressed air systems, data centers, industrial processes and refrigeration
- Conducts work in a safe manner, adhering to ICF s health and safety standards for C&I environments
Qualifications: * Bachelor s degree in an Engineering discipline * 8 years of energy efficiency or equivalent trade experience (electrical, HVAC or mechanical engineering consulting) * Industry recognized certification such as LEED Certified Practitioner, AEE Certified M&V Practitioner (CMVP), AEE Certified Energy Manager (CEM) * Ability to conduct site surveys and assessments
Preferred Additional Skills: * Experience working in utility DSM programs * Master s degree in an Engineering discipline * Registered Professional Engineer * Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills * Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities * Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment * Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information * Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team * Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors * Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel) * Detail oriented
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICFtogether for tomorrow.
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Requisition ID: /1700003189/