CB&I Energy & Sustainability Client Program Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Title: Energy & Sustainability Client Program Manager
Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
The Energy and Sustainability Client Project Manager located in our Chicago, IL (River North) office will manageall phases of client facing program contracts that range from small individual projects to multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts. Position handles a variety of scopes that include utility demand side management programs, energy efficiency consulting, energy management, business development and/or operations. Directs preparation of work plans, supervises project teams, and manages project scope, budget and schedule. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilizes a combination of project management, technical, business management, strategic and business development skills to develop and execute business with a targeted list of utility, commercial/industrial, and state and local clients with goals for revenue, cash management, and achieving client satisfaction/repeat business.
- Supervises and directs work load of project personnel to ensure high quality and timely work for our clients.
- Organizes and contributes to business development activities; manages proposals.
- Functions as seller-doer directly affecting the revenue, profitability, cash flow, and repeat business of the company through the ability to develop client relationships and lead associate teams in successfully delivering a quality product or service to the client.
- Represents the company to client and maintains client relationship within a client management hierarchy.
- Expands business base on a sole-source basis due to proven ability to build trust and add value.
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly
- Resolves operational, customer, employee or technical problems that impact the effectiveness of own area
- Develops plans and coordinates resources to meet operational objectives within own
- areaExplains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Manages the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching.
- Has accountability for managing financial resources
- Applies technical and/or managerial expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in Energy Efficiency
- 5-10 years of progressive responsibility in Project Management and DSM programs
- Project/Program Management experience
- Commercial or Residential Energy Efficiency experience
- Ability to anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions
- MBA Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) preferred
This position will be responsible for managing client programs and contracts for the Energy Management and Sustainability group.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Project Management
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Jun 15, 2017, 8:18:45 AM
Requisition ID: 1706426
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.