Ingersoll Rand Energy Engineer in BREA, California
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Provides technical analysis and review for performance monitoring or contracts.
- Participates as team member of a project development team for development of energy savings and performance contracting projects.
- Perform building “walk-through” and identify energy conservation measures(architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) in commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
- Effectively develop scopes of work for, and manage consulting engineers performing Investment Grade building audits.
- Partners with offices on project tasks as assigned by project development leader.
- Customizes software and spreadsheets to achieve desired technical results and presentations.
- Recommends best methods for measurement and verification of system performance during the acquisition phase.
- Conducts interim reviews during project construction to assess guaranteed impact of any changes to the original contract scope of work.
- Create/revise TRACE models for additions/changes to the facility that affect existing guarantees or for optimizing existing control strategies.
- Map out/design project layout (Baseline information) in energy/utility accounting software.
- Analyses data output for trends and/or any deviations that need further investigating.
- Develops/streamlines existing reporting capabilities from a software standpoint and a usability perspective and investigate new technologies.
- Applies general knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates for projects.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays. (50 %)
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Desire for hands-on project development and customer contact.
- Ability and initiative to work independently; a self-starter with a high energy level
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BSME degree or technical equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License due to travel requirement
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions service personnel.
- Minimum of 3 years experience energy analysis, energy auditing, or energy modeling with HVAC systems.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BREA-California
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2017, 12:43:58 PM