Vaisala Inc. Wind Energy Consultant - Asset Management Services in Bengaluru, India
Wind Energy Consultant - Asset Management Services
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world– and beyond! We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world.
Innovation is at the heart of our company and we believe in developing cutting-edge technology. With our 1,600 professionals worldwide we intend to stay on top of our game and this is where you come in.
This position is responsible for supporting Vaisala's Wind Energy Assessment Services by reviewing the O&M practices of wind farms and analyzing the SCADA data from wind farms to assess wind energy assets performance issues. The role is global in scope, requires interaction with clients, sales teams and remote production staff in multiple locations around the world. This position is based in Bangalore, India.
Your Key Responsibilites Include
• Work closely with the Vaisala Wind Energy Assessment services team in Seattle and Bangalore
• Analyze the O&M practices of wind farms operated by Vaisala’s clients and identify potential causes for under /over performance of wind turbines and/or wind farms
• Analyze the SCADA data from wind farms and identify potential causes for under /over performance of wind turbines and/ or wind farms
• Perform power performance tests on operating wind turbines
• Author client facing analytic reports
• Support and defend work over the phone and in person with key clients
• Help Vaisala clients apply new technologies like Remote Sensing to enhance the performance of their wind assets
• Conduct site visits to assess the condition of wind turbines, met-masts, evacuation facility etc.
• Be a contributor to the overall production process
To be successful in this role, we're searching for a candidate with the following qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical /Electrical)
• Master’s Degree in Engineering (Energy Engineering, Renewable Energy, Power Systems, Data Analytics) preferred
• 8 to 10 years previous experience in O&M / Asset Management / Performance Enhancement of wind energy assets or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Exposure to wind farm's site O&M function
• Specialization in SCADA data analysis, including ability to perform forensic investigation
• Ability to work semi-independently in a team-oriented atmosphere where close and effective coordination with other professionals is essential for success
• Exposure to global work environment, preferably having worked with teams across US and EU
• Strong quantitative skills
• Ability to prioritize and self-manage day-to-day work
• Attention to detail
• Ability to coordinate with other professionals for success
• Self-initiated and willingness to learn new things
• Ability to communicate clearly and pro-actively, good verbal and written communication skills
Computer and Software Skills
• Experience with Oracle or other ERP solutions
• Exposure to Salesforce or other CRM platforms like MSD
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix
• Knowledge of Bash and/or other shell programming
• Knowledge of Windograhper
• Advanced programmatic analysis software such as Matlab, R or Python
We take pride in being pioneers who strive to bring about positive changes in both the society and environment, and our work is not done yet. Grab this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!
Please submit your application with cover letter, resume/CV and salary request by filling the online application form by September 25, 2017.
The atmosphere at Vaisala buzzes with curiosity because in our line of work there are always things to discover and learn. We embrace new ideas and have bright colleagues from experienced experts at the top of their fields to young talents at the start of their careers.
We take pride in being pioneers who strive to bring about positive changes in both the society and environment, and our work is not done yet. Take advantage of this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!