Ingersoll Rand Trane Building Energy Management Systems Account Engineer-Richmond, VA in ASHLAND, Virginia
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Our Trane Commercial Sales Office is hiring an Intelligent Services Account Engineer in our Virginia District, based out of our Richmond, VA office, located in Ashland, VA.
The Intelligent Services Account Engineer will provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers through performance and execution of Intelligent Service Building Performance and Energy Performance agreements. They will develop strong customer relationships with building owners, work in coordination with the Intelligent Service Area Service Manager, Services Account Managers, Controls Account Manager, Energy Engineers, Service Controls Area Service Manager and Service Control Technicians/Program Manager in developing system solutions to increase the BAS service agreements and pull through business from these agreements.
If you have BEMS, SaaS experience or experience as an Account Engineer, Controls Engineer, Systems Specialist, or Energy Engineer with the desire to improve buildings’ performance and interface with customers, this may be the next opportunity for you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill Intelligent Services contract obligations effectively, efficiently and within safety standards.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers and develop new customer relationships
- Responsible for gathering all pertinent data, trends and charts to develop customer facing documentation
- Responsible to lead quarterly or semiannual Technical Strategy Review meetings for each Intelligent Service Agreements customers
- Diagnose energy opportunities with customer’s facilities and provide small energy projects that solve customer issues/opportunities
- Responsible to aid in the acquisition of pull through work and assist in meeting or exceeding the BAS owner direct company goals
- Collaborates with Services account managers often to develop account plans and sales performance.
- Collaborate with IS energy engineer to document value added to the customer.
- Partners closely with account managers and energy engineers.
- Assist as needed with development of solutions working with all Services Sales team members to include the IS Energy Engineer and Intelligent Service Fulfillment Team Leader.
- Perform remote site analysis via modem or web access as needed.
- Program and validate moderate complex DDC systems
- Responsible for completing and turning in all reports and timesheets in a timely manner
- Will plan forecasted work and schedule as needed with the customer service representatives
- Will maintain correspondence with customer service representatives daily to include all customer site visits
- Maintain company vehicle cleanliness, tools, and safety equipment
- Travel to customer sites within the Mid-Atlantic region as required to fulfill customer site visits, audits and meetings. Travel within and outside the VA district may be required for training purposes, strategy meetings or other Intelligent Services related conferences
There are no formal supervisory responsibilities, but this role may supervise the work and of HVAC Controls Technicians in the Controls Service process. May participate in the selection process of HVAC Controls Technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred with 3-5 years of related industry experience
- In lieu of degree, a minimum of 6-10 years of related industry experience required in addition to a High School diploma
- Strong familiarity with the operation of Energy Management Systems, HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and team well with others
- Motivated, self-starter who can work independently
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ASHLAND-Virginia
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 2, 2017, 11:13:21 AM