Nokia Siemens Networks Sales Engineer - Energy Segment in Albany, New York
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Do you enjoy architecting and designing converged networks for a variety of applications? Do you like solving complex problems for state & local governments or electric utilities? How about creating a vision for IP transformation? Do you have a passion for creating multi-technology network solutions? How about articulating an end-to-end network value proposition? Do you want to be part of a market segment where Nokia is foreseeing tremendous growth? This position will be responsible for sales engineering functions in the sales team that is focused on state & local governments and electric utilities.
The Sales Engineer (SE) will support the Account Executive (AE) in pursuing and winning new opportunities within a territory that typically covers 3-4 states. The regional account team of AE and SE will work jointly to influence customer buying decisions to drive orders towards achieving sales targets.
The SE will be the primary interface to customers for all pre-sales related activities for Nokia's IP, Microwave, Optical, SDN and Network Management portfolio. The SE will position Nokia as a thought leader in technology solutions for the IP transformation and transport network opportunities. The SE will be a trusted advisor for customers in a consultative selling environment and a customer advocate working with Nokia's various business units to ensure customer requirements and needs are addressed adequately. This job will involve approximately 30% travel.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Be the primary customer interface for all pre-sales engagements
* Work with customers to understand their challenges and requirements
* Develop a vision for each customer by leveraging Nokia's portfolio and solutions
* Orchestrate innovative solutions that can differentiate Nokia against competition
* Create high level network architecture and design, bill of material and pricing
* Orchestrate and support customer test and evaluation activities
* Work with bids and proposal team to create proposals for solutions and services
* Quantify and articulate business value of Nokia's technical solution
* Clearly articulate Nokia's value proposition and differentiators
* Support customer technical interactions during post-sales activities
Preferred Location: The preferred candidate will be located in New York but will consider Dallas, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maine, or Massachusetts for the right candidate. Qualifications
Qualification & Experience:
* 3 years of technical sales experience with IP/TDM/Optical/Microwave products and solutions
* Strong understanding of government and electric utility operational environment and applications
* Excellent customer interfacing skills including presentation and white-boarding skills
* Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building and problem resolution
* Technical expertise in Nokia's IP, Microwave, Optical and Network Management portfolio
* Expertise in Nokia's GPON and LTE product portfolio is desirable
* Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Employer's Job# 1700000CA0
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.